Go down 
Mine lehele : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AutorTeade
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

Female Postituste arv : 5899

<<2012>> - Page 3 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 3 Icon_minitime20/8/2012, 15:47

<<2012>> - Page 3 13573503

Nimi:
The Perks of Being A Wallflower

Autor:
Stephen Chobsky

Kuupäev:

Lehekülgede arv:

Sisu: standing on the fringes of life offers a unique perspective…but there comes a time to see what it looks like from the dance floor. since its publication, stephen chbosky’s haunting debut novel has received critical acclaim, provoked discussion and debate, grown into a cult phenomenon with over a million copies in print, and inspired a major motion picture.

the perks of being a wallflower is a story about what it’s like to travel that strange course through the uncharted territory of high school. the world of first dates, family dramas, and new friends. of sex, drugs, and the rocky horror picture show. of those wild and poignant roller-coaster days known as growing up.

Katkendid: Patrick told me the story about him and Brad, and now I understand why Patrick didn't get angry at Brad at the homecoming dance for dancing with a girl. When they were both juniors, Patrick and Brad were at a party together with the rest of the popular kids. Patrick actually used to be popular before Sam bought him some good music.

Next was Alice. I gave her a book by Anne Rice because she is always talking about her. And she looked at me like she couldn't believe I knew she loved Anne Rice. I guess she didn't know how much she talked or how much I listen.

Arvamus:
Lihtne, siiras lugu. Eriti ei samastunud enam, aga Charlie ärevushood olid huvitavad.

Hinne: 9/10
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 3 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 3 Icon_minitime20/8/2012, 15:50

<<2012>> - Page 3 12970162

Nimi:
The Traitor Queen

Autor:
Trudi Canavan

Kuupäev: 19.08.2012

Lehekülgede arv: 509

Sisu: Discover the magic of Trudi Canavan with her brand new novel in the Traitor Spy trilogy...

Events are building to a climax in Sachaka as Lorkin returns from his exile with the Traitor rebels. The Traitor Queen has given Lorkin the huge task of brokering an alliance between his people and the Traitors. Lorkin has also had to become a feared black magician in order to harness the power of an entirely new kind of gemstone magic. This knowledge could transform the Guild of Magicians - or make Lorkin an outcast forever.

The Traitor Spy trilogy, which began with The Ambassador's Mission and The Rogue, is the new series set in the world of the international bestselling Black Magician trilogy.

Katkendid:

The man had been friendly and generous. Perhaps this dead man had been kind too. Perhaps he had kept slaves only because it was what powerful Sachakans like him had always done. Perhaps he would have surrendered if given the chance. Surely he didn’t deserve to die like this?
It was impossible to know. The Traitors couldn’t imprison all Ashaki and put them on trial to decide if death was an appropriate punishment. To imprison them would take too much of the Traitors’ time and energy. The Traitors are at war with a way of life, not the individual people, but individuals will pay the price.

“Regin, I’m not …”
“Attracted to me?” His eyebrows rose. “So you deny it?”
She hesitated, then forced herself to straighten and look him straight in the eyes. “Yes, I do.”
His eyes narrowed. “Liar.”
What am I doing wrong? Uncrossing her arms, she attempted to place her hands on her hips, but it proved too difficult in a moving carriage, so she settled on shaking one finger at him.
“Don’t you call me a liar when …”
He laughed. “Ah, Sonea. If I’d known it was so much fun to tease you, I’d have started sooner.”

Arvamus:
Noh, see oli EPIC lõpp. Very Happy Asjad muutusid, oli kaotusi... ootamatusi... Very Happy Tõsiselt hea lõpp! Very Happy Muidugi oli ka asju, mille üle noriks ja see pole sama hea kui The High Lord, aga see oli hea. Very Happy

Hinne: 10/10
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 3 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 3 Icon_minitime28/8/2012, 12:43

<<2012>> - Page 3 The%252BBell%252BJar%252Bby%252BSylvia%252BPlath

Nimi: The Bell Jar

Autor: Sylvia Plath

Kuupäev: 22.08.2012

Lehekülgede arv: 257

Sisu: This extraordinary work--echoing Plath's own experiences as a rising writer/editor in the early 1950s--chronicles the nervous breakdown of Esther Greenwood: brilliant, beautiful, enormously talented, successful, but slowly going under, and maybe for the last time.

Katkend:

But when it came down to it, the skin of my wrist looked so white and defenceless that I couldn't do it. It was as if what I wanted to kill wasn't in that skin or the thin blue pulse that jumped under my thumb, but somewhere else, deeper, more secret, and a whole lot harder to get at.

Arvamus: Ei oska midagi arvata. Eeldasin tugevat emotsiooni või kaasaelamist, seda aga ei tulnud. See kirjutamisstiil ei istunud mulle.

Hinne: 6/10
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 3 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 3 Icon_minitime28/8/2012, 12:46

<<2012>> - Page 3 Animalfarm

Nimi:
Animal Farm

Autor: George Orwell

Kuupäev:

Lehekülgede arv:

Sisu: Animal Farm is the most famous by far of all twentieth-century political allegories. Its account of a group of barnyard animals who revolt against their vicious human master, only to submit to a tyranny erected by their own kind, can fairly be said to have become a universal drama. Orwell is one of the very few modern satirists comparable to Jonathan Swift in power, artistry, and moral authority; in animal farm his spare prose and the logic of his dark comedy brilliantly highlight his stark message.
Taking as his starting point the betrayed promise of the Russian Revolution, Orwell lays out a vision that, in its bitter wisdom, gives us the clearest understanding we possess of the possible consequences of our social and political acts.

Katkend:

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.

Arvamus: Geniaalne.

Hinne: 7/10
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 3 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 3 Icon_minitime28/8/2012, 12:50

<<2012>> - Page 3 Sherlock

Nimi:
Sherlock Holmesi lood I

Autor: Arthur Conan Doyle

Lehekülgede arv: 597

Kuupäev: 27.08.2012

Sisu:
1887. aastal kirjutas noor Southsea arst Arthur Conan Doyle oma viletsale palgale lisa teenimiseks jutustuse "Etüüd punases". Esimest korda astus lugejate ette veider detektiiv Sherlock Holmes, kes ravis igavust kuritegude paljastamisega, ja kui piisavalt huvitavaid kuritegusid parajasti ei olnud, siis ka viiulimängu ja kokaiiniga. Alates 1891. aastast avaldas Strand Magazine regulaarselt endise sõjaväearsti doktor Watsoni üleskirjutusi tema sõbra imepärastest seiklustest. Sherlock Holmesi juhtumitele elati kaasa, neid oodati, ning kui Holmes hukkus võitluses oma kõige kurjema vaenlasega, tulid leinalintidega inimesed toimetusse õiglust nõudma.
"Etüüd punases", "Nelja märk", "Sherlock Holmesi seiklused", "Sherlock Holmesi memuaarid", "Baskerville'de koer"

Katkendid:

"Kuritegu on tavaline. Loogika on haruldane."

"Uurimisel on ülimalt oluline võime ära tunda, millised paljudest faktidest on ebaolulised ja millised suure tähtsusega. Muidu te hajutate oma jõudu ja tähelepanu, mitte aga ei koonda neid."

Arvamus:
Oeh. See oli hea! Mulle meeldis. Kuidagi kavalalt geniaalne, aga samas lihtne. Very Happy Huvitav lugemine. :)

Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 3 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 3 Icon_minitime23/9/2012, 11:56

<<2012>> - Page 3 042

Nimi:
Väike prints

Autor: Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Kuupäev:

Lehekülgede arv:

Sisu: Lugu väikesest printsist, kes lahkub oma tillukeselt koduplaneedilt. Rännakul läbi mitmete planeetide kohtab ta mitmeid veidraid inimesi ja loomi, tänu kellele ta mõistab, kui väga ta oma koduplaneedile tagasi igatseb. "Väike prints" on autobiograafiline muinasjutt sõprusest, armastusest ja hoolimisest, mis võib muuta teie seni kehtivaid väärtushinnanguid.

Arvamus: Selle raamatu katkendiks peaks olema kogu raamat ise. Hämmastav, et üks mees keset sõda millegi sellisega lagedale tuli. Täitsa mõistan, miks inimene seda kasvõi korra lugema peab. (Jah, see oli minu esimene kord. Very Happy)

Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 3 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 3 Icon_minitime23/9/2012, 12:00

<<2012>> - Page 3 74047773cef2b782f15d23509aa88094

Nimi:
Alice Imedemaal

Autor: Lewis Carroll

Kuupäev: 29.08.2012

Lehekülgede arv: 102

Sisu:
Näha küülikut üle aasa jooksmas pole sugugi nii üllatav. Ent kui see küülik kannab riideid ja räägib endamisi valjult, peab Alice talle järele minema ja välja uurima, kust ta pärit on. Ta läheb küülikuaugust alla ja satub kõige kummalisematesse seiklustesse.
Tule Alice'iga kaasa ja loe kõige ebatavalisematest, pentsikumatest ja vahvamatest tegelastest, keda sa selle raamatu lehekülgedelt leiad!

Katkend:

"Kas sa ei tahaks mulle ütelda, kuhupoole ma siit peaksin minema?"
"See sõltub suuresti sellest, kuhu sa välja tahad jõuda," ütles Kass.
"Mulle on enam-vähem ükskõik, kuhu-" vastas Alice.
"Siis ei ole tähtis, kuhupoole sa lähed," sõnas Kass.

Arvamus:
Oleksin võinud juba nooremana ära lugeda. Mõnus oli meenutada multikat, mis mulle nii väga meeldis. :)

Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 3 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 3 Icon_minitime23/9/2012, 12:03

<<2012>> - Page 3 Lood_ii

Nimi:
Sherlock Holmesi lood 2

Autor: Arthur Conan Doyle

Kuupäev: 02.09.2012

Lehekülgede arv: 575

Sisu: "Sherlock Holmesi tagasitulek", "Hirmu org", "Viimane kummardus", "Sherlock Holmesi märkmeraamat"
Londonis on Baker Street 221B Sherlock Holmesi muuseum. Sinna saadetakse kirju kogu maailmast, inimesed kirjutavad oma muredest ja loodavad neile lahendust leida. Ameerika Ühendriikides korraldavad Holmesi austajad kokkutulekuid, kannavad samasuguseid riideid nagu Holmes, suitsetavad samasuguseid piipusid ja teavad tema seiklusi peast. Küllap ei lahtu nende kummaline veetlus ka tulevikus.

Arvamus: Siin köites oli miski nagu kadunud. Ja mul on tunne, et vahepeal oli aastaarvudega mingi väike mix-up, aga oh well, head lugu see ei riku.

Hinne: 8/10
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 3 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 3 Icon_minitime23/9/2012, 12:07

<<2012>> - Page 3 200px-OfMiceAndMen

Nimi:
Of Mice and Men

Autor: John Steinbeck

Kuupäev:

Lehekülgede arv: 106

Sisu:
The tragic story of the complex bond between two migrant laborers in Central California. They are George Milton and Lennie Small, itinerant ranch hands who dream of one day owning a small farm. George acts as a father figure to Lennie, who is a very large, simple-minded man, calming him and helping to rein in his immense physical strength.

Arvamus: See oli hea. Kohe tõsiselt hea. Mõni lugu võib hea olla, aga kui ta pole õigesti kirja pandud, ei lähe ta südamesse. See lugu oli hea, õigesti kirja pandud ja läks südamesse. Tegelased olid haavatavad, mitme palgega, sa mõistsid neid ja elasid kaasa. Üldse käis see asi nagu lupsti ja olidki raamatus sees. See raamat puudutas mind. Siia sobib see ütlus: "In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer Jerome Adler)

Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 3 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 3 Icon_minitime23/9/2012, 12:13

<<2012>> - Page 3 Enshadowed-202x300

Nimi:
Enshadowed (Nevermore #2)

Autor:
Kelly Creagh

Kuupäev:

Lehekülgede arv:

Sisu: True love takes a twisted turn in the second book of this modern gothic romance trilogy channeling the dark brilliance of Edgar Allan Poe.While Varen remains a prisoner in a perilous dream world where the terrifying stories of Edgar Allan Poe come to life, Isobel travels to Baltimore to confront the dark figure known throughout the world as the Poe Toaster. This man, the same man who once appeared to Isobel in her dreams and abandoned her in Varen’s nightmare world, holds the key to saving Varen.

But when Isobel discovers a way to return to this dream world, she finds herself swept up in a realm that not only holds remnants of Edgar Allan Poe’s presence, but has also now taken on the characteristics of Varen’s innermost self. It is a dark world of fear, terror, and anger.

When Isobel once more encounters Varen, she finds him changed. And now Isobel must face a new adversary—one who also happens to be her greatest love.

Katkend:

"How- how did you know?"
"Google is a verb now," Gwen said.

Arvamus: Ühest otsast see raamat mulle meeldis. See oli põnev (kui sulle meeldib igapäevaelust lugeda) ja kuigi plot keerles selle ümber, kuidas Isobel Varenit igatses, ei olnud loo huvitavolemiseks Varenit üldse vaja (teda näeme pmst vaid viimasel leheküljel). Samas aga ei tehtud raamatus suurt midagi tarka ja ei saa öelda, et plot võrreldes esimese raamatuga peaaegu üldse edasi oleks läinud. (Välja arvatud ehk Isobeli suhe ta vanematega, mis on märkimisväärselt rohkem kahjustunud. Kui esimene raamat mõjus võimsalt ja jättis juurde ahmima, siis selle lõpp, kuigi taotluslikult sama mõjuga, oli pigem meh, who cares!?

Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 3 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 3 Icon_minitime23/9/2012, 22:48

<<2012>> - Page 3 OucpIwXvyH

Nimi:
Every Day

Autor: David Levithan

Kuupäev: 23.09.2012

Lehekülgede arv:

Sisu: A has no friends. No parents. No family. No possessions. No home, even. Because every day, A wakes up in the body of a different person. Every morning, a different bed. A different room. A different house. A different life. A is able to access each person's memory, enough to be able to get through the day without parents, friends, and teachers realizing this is not their child, not their friend, not their student. Because it isn't. It's A. Inhabiting each person's body. Seeing the world through their eyes. Thinking with their brain. Speaking with their voice.

It's a lonely existence--until, one day, it isn't. A meets a girl named Rhiannon. And, in an instant, A falls for her, after a perfect day together. But when night falls, it's over. Because A can never be the same person twice. But yet, A can't stop thinking about her. She becomes A's reason for existing. So each day, in different bodies--of all shapes, sizes, backgrounds, walks of life--A tries to get back to her. And convince her of their love. But can their love transcend such an obstacle?

Katkendid:

She reaches out and takes my hand. I am surprised by how good this feels.
“I’m glad you’re not mad at me,” she says. “I just want everything to be okay.”
I nod. If there’s one thing I’ve learned, it’s this: We all want everything to be okay. We don’t even wish so much for fantastic or marvelous or outstanding. We will happily settle for okay, because most of the time, okay is enough.

Most people, I’ve noticed, are instinctively harsh to strangers. They expect every approach to be an attack, every question to be an interruption. But not Rhiannon. She doesn’t have any idea who I am, but she’s not going to hold that against me.

Falling in love with someone doesn’t mean you know any better how they feel. It only means you know how you feel.

I haven’t been a good guest in Hugo’s life. I access his memories and discover that he and Austin first became boyfriends at this very celebration, a year ago this weekend. They’d been friends for a little while, but they’d never talked about how they felt. They were each afraid of ruining the friendship, and instead of making it better, their caution made everything awkward. So finally, as a pair of twentysomething men passed by holding hands, Austin said, “Hey, that could be us in ten years.”
And Hugo said, “Or ten months.”
And Austin said, “Or ten days.”
And Hugo said, “Or ten minutes.”
And Austin said, “Or ten seconds.”
Then they each counted to ten, and held hands for the rest of the day.
The start of it.
Hugo would have remembered this.
But I didn’t.

“I love you,” she says.
“I love you,” I say.
And then we hang up, because nothing else needs to be said after that.
I want to give Zara her life back. Even if I feel I deserve something like this, I don’t deserve it at her expense.

Arvamus: See oli midagi väga värskendavat, uut ja head. Põnev oli astuda läbi nii paljudest erinevatest eludest, kaasa elada. Hästi kirja pandud ja liigutav lugu. Meeldis näha, kuidas Rhiannon erinevatele A-dele reageeris, kui ehe see kõik asja utoopilisusele vaatamata tundus. Meeldis, et A oli lihtsalt hing. Ei poiss eha tüdruk, lihtsalt keegi. Ja ta ei teinud sellest probleemi.
Suurepärane.

Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 3 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 3 Icon_minitime25/9/2012, 20:43

<<2012>> - Page 3 13366929

Nimi:
What I Didn't Say

Autor: Keary Taylor

Kuupäev: 25.09.2012

Lehekülgede arv: 336

Sisu: Getting drunk homecoming night your senior year is never a good idea, but Jake Hayes never expected it all to end with a car crash and a t-post embedded in his throat.

His biggest regret about it all? What he never said to Samantha Shay. He's been in love with her for years and never had the guts to tell her. Now it's too late. Because after that night, Jake will never be able to talk again.

When Jake returns to his small island home, population 5,000, he'll have to learn how to deal with being mute. He also finds that his family isn't limited to his six brothers and sisters, that sometimes an entire island is watching out for you. And when he gets the chance to spend more time with Samantha, she'll help him learn that not being able to talk isn’t the worst thing that could ever happen to you. Maybe, if she'll let him, Jake will finally tell her what he didn't say before, even if he can't actually say it.

Katkend:
Reality hadn't really sunk in yet, I knew that. I didn't want to know what life was going to feel like when it finally did.

Arvamus: Oeh. See oli hea raamat. Hea lugu, südamlik lugu, mõtlemapanev lugu. Miks mitte vaimustav? Süüdistan selle John Steinbecki - of Mice and Men lugedes tekkis mul see arusaam: südamlik lugu peab olema ka õigesti kirja pandud ja kuigi Taylor kirjutab hästi , selles pole kahtlust, ei olnud see minu jaoks õigesti kirja pandud. Aga see YA pool väärib ka avastamist! :)

Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 3 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 3 Icon_minitime24/11/2012, 15:17

<<2012>> - Page 3 200px-Brisingr_book_cover

Nimi:
Brisingr

Autor:
Christopher Paolini

Kuupäev:

Lehekülgede arv:

Sisu: OATHS SWORN . . . loyalties tested . . . forces collide.

Following the colossal battle against the Empire’s warriors on the Burning Plains, Eragon and his dragon, Saphira, have narrowly escaped with their lives. Still there is more at hand for the Rider and his dragon, as Eragon finds himself bound by a tangle of promises he may not be able to keep.

First is Eragon’s oath to his cousin Roran: to help rescue Roran’s beloved, Katrina, from King Galbatorix’s clutches. But Eragon owes his loyalty to others, too. The Varden are in desperate need of his talents and strength—as are the elves and dwarves. When unrest claims the rebels and danger strikes from every corner, Eragon must make choices— choices that take him across the Empire and beyond, choices that may lead to unimagined sacrifice.

Eragon is the greatest hope to rid the land of tyranny. Can this once-simple farm boy unite the rebel forces and defeat the king?

Katkend:

"Four against two are only good odds if you're amongst the four."

Arvamus: Oeh,. Sain läbi. Miks see asi mulle pinget ei paku? Very Happy

Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 3 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 3 Icon_minitime24/11/2012, 15:24

<<2012>> - Page 3 9780141337159H

Nimi:
The Golden Lily

Autor:
Richelle Mead

Kuupäev:

Lehekülgede arv: 418

Sisu: Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets—and human lives.

Sydney would love to go to college, but instead, she’s been sent into hiding at a posh boarding school in Palm Springs, California–tasked with protecting Moroi princess Jill Dragomir from assassins who want to throw the Moroi court into civil war. Formerly in disgrace, Sydney is now praised for her loyalty and obedience, and held up as the model of an exemplary Alchemist.

But the closer she grows to Jill, Eddie, and especially Adrian, the more she finds herself questioning her age–old Alchemist beliefs, her idea of family, and the sense of what it means to truly belong. Her world becomes even more complicated when magical experiments show Sydney may hold the key to prevent becoming Strigoi—the fiercest vampires, the ones who don’t die. But it’s her fear of being just that—special, magical, powerful—that scares her more than anything. Equally daunting is her new romance with Brayden, a cute, brainy guy who seems to be her match in every way. Yet, as perfect as he seems, Sydney finds herself being drawn to someone else—someone forbidden to her.

When a shocking secret threatens to tear the vampire world apart, Sydney’s loyalties are suddenly tested more than ever before. She wonders how she's supposed to strike a balance between the principles and dogmas she's been taught, and what her instincts are now telling her.

Should she trust the Alchemists—or her heart?

Katkendid:

Day 24. Situation is growing worse. My captors continue to find new and horrific ways to torture me. When not working, Agent Scarlet spends her days examining fabric swatches for bridesmaid dresses and going on about how in love she is. This usually causes Agent Boring Borscht to regale us with stories of Russian weddings that are even more boring than his usual ones. My attempts at escape have been thwarted thus far. Also, I am out of cigarettes. Any assistance or tobacco products you can send will be greatly appreciated.
-Prisoner 24601

Adrian ordered a martini, earning disapproving looks from his father and me.
"It's barely noon," said Nathan.
"I know," said Adrian. "I'm surprised I held out that long too.”

“You're in an awfully good mood," he observed. "Was there a sale at Khakis-R-Us?”

“Nice blouse, Sage,” Adrian told me, deadpan. “It realy brings out the khaki in your pants.”

“We're going on a, um, windmill tour later this week."
If I'd wanted to shut them all up, I'd definitely succeeded. They all looked stunned.
Adrian spoke first. "I'm going to assume that means he's flying you to Amsterdam on his private jet. If so, I'd like to come along. But not for the windmills.”

“Why on earth would you buy a car like this if you can't drive a stick? There are dozens of cars--new cars--that have automatic transmission. It'd be a million times easier."
Adrian shrugged. "I like the color. It matches my living room.”

Arvamus: Still GOOOOD! Very Happy

Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 3 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 3 Icon_minitime24/11/2012, 15:28

<<2012>> - Page 3 The-sense-of-an-ending-julian-barnes

Nimi:
The Sense of an Ending

Autor:
Julian Barnes

Kuupäev: 12.10.2012

Lehekülgede arv:

Sisu: Tony Webster and his clique first met Adrian Finn at school. Sex-hungry and book-hungry, they would navigate the girl-less sixth form together, trading in affectations, in-jokes, rumour and wit. Maybe Adrian was a little more serious than the others, certainly more intelligent, but they all swore to stay friends for life.

Now Tony is in middle age. He’s had a career and a single marriage, a calm divorce. He’s certainly never tried to hurt anybody. Memory, though, is imperfect. It can always throw up surprises, as a lawyer’s letter is about to prove.

Katkend:

History is that certainty produced at the point where the imperfections of memory meet the inadequacies of documentation.

Arvamus: Hmm... Ma ei teagi, mida ma täpselt arvan sellest raamatust. See oli hea, mõtlik, juurdlev. Samas oli midagi puudu, aga raamat oli ka tervik... See oli hea. Very Happy

Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 3 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 3 Icon_minitime24/11/2012, 15:33

<<2012>> - Page 3 The-French-Lieutenants-Woman

Nimi:
The French Lieutenant's Woman

Autor: John Fowles

Kuupäev: 3.11.2012

Lehekülgede arv: 445

Sisu: In this contemporary, Victorian-style novel Charles Smithson, a nineteenth-century gentleman with glimmerings of twentieth-century perceptions, falls in love with enigmatic Sarah Woodruff, who has been jilted by a French lover.

Of all John Fowles' novels The French Lieutenant's Woman received the most universal acclaim and today holds a very special place in the canon of post-war English literature. From the god-like stance of the nineteenth-century novelist that he both assumes and gently mocks, to the last detail of dress, idiom and manners, his book is an immaculate recreation of Victorian England.

Not only is it the epic love story of two people of insight and imagination seeking escape from the cant and tyranny of their age, 'The French Lieutenant's Woman' is also a brilliantly sustained allegory of the decline of the twentieth-century passion for freedom.

Katkend:

You may think that novelists always have fixed plans to which they work, so that the future predicted by Chapter One is always inexorably the actuality of Chapter Thirteen. But novelists write for countless different reasons: for money, for fame, for reviewers, for parents, for friends, for loved ones, for vanity, for pride, for curiosity, for amusement: as skilled furniture makers enjoy making furniture, as drunkards like drinking, as judges like judging, as Sicilians like emptying a shotgun into an enemy’s back. I could fill a book with reasons, and they would all be true, though not true of all. Only one same reason is shared by all of us: we wish to create worlds as real as, but other than the world that is. Or was. This is why we cannot plan. We know a world is an organism, not a machine. We also know that a genuinely created world must be independent of its creator; a planned world (a world that fully reveals its planning) is a dead world. It is only when our characters and events begin to disobey us that we begin to live.

Arvamus: See raamat ei meeldinud mulle. Mis aga ei tähenda, et tegu oleks halva raamatuga. Raamat oli väga hea. Tegelased, ja eriti peategelane Charles on mõjutatud Darwinist, siin on palju kirjanduslikke viiteid (millest kõigest arusaamiseks mu silmaring väikseks kahjuks jääb veel). Meeldis, et autor rääkis oma kirutamise protsessist. Ja mehed oma soovidega väikesest poest, naine leti taga... Very Happy Kirjutamine oli värskendav ja huvitav, mitmekülgne (3 lõppu).

Hinne: 6,5/10 (ei meeldinud, aga tegu siiski meistriteosega)
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 3 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 3 Icon_minitime24/11/2012, 15:36

<<2012>> - Page 3 Maggie-stiefvater-igavesti-b481-5075

Nimi:
Igavesti

Autor:
Maggie Stiefvater

Kuupäev: 10.11.2012

Lehekülgede arv: 462

Sisu:
Alguses oli Sam hunt ja Grace tüdruk. Kuid Sam leidis viisi, kuidas jääda inimeseks, ning hundi ja tüdruku vastastikusest sõnatust uudishimust sai poisi ja tüdruku vaheline tugev armastus. Lugu olekski võinud niimoodi lõppeda, kuid saatusel oli neile varuks veel katsumusi. Grace’ist sai hunt ja nüüd ähvardab kogu Boundary metsa hundikarja julm hävitamine. Sam on Grace’i päästmise nimel kõigeks valmis, kuid kas sellest piisab, isegi kui appi tulevad ootamatud liitlased? Kas Sam ja Grace jäävad lõpuks õnnelikult kokku või peavad teineteisega igaveseks hüvasti jätma?

Arvamus: oeh. Sain lõpuks sinnapoole selle triloogiaga. See oli endiselt selline armas... tender. Parim sõna kogu selle loo kirjeldamiseks vist. Polnud epic, aga polnud ka halb.

Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 3 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 3 Icon_minitime24/11/2012, 15:38

<<2012>> - Page 3 Tempestuous+by+Lesley+Livingston

Nimi:
Tempestuous

Autor: Lesley Livingston

Kuupäev:

Lehekülgede arv: 361

Sisu: I don't love Sonny Flannery.

That's the lie Kelley Winslow told to protect the boy she loves from a power he doesn't know he possesses. Devastated, Sonny retreats—to a haven for Lost Fae that's hidden deep underneath New York City.

But Kelley's not about to let things end in heartbreak. To get Sonny back, she's got to find out who's after his magick—and how to use her own. She's got to uncover who's recruiting Janus Guards to murderously hunt innocent Faerie. She's got to help rebuild the shattered theater company she called family. And she's got to do it all without getting dangerously distracted by the Fennrys Wolf, whose legendary heart of stone seems to melt whenever he's around Kelley.

Arvamus: Oeh. See ka läbi. Lõpuks! Ma olen sedasorti raamatutest NII VÄSINUD! See ei olnud otseselt halb (Kelley CAN kick ass), aga seda liini on juba liiga palju.

Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 3 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 3 Icon_minitime24/11/2012, 15:43

<<2012>> - Page 3 Tumblr_m2jpkosgBW1rnh21mo1_r1_250

Nimi:
Poison Study

Autor: Maria V Snyder

Kuupäev:

Lehekülgede arv:

Sisu:
Choose: A quick death…Or slow poison...

About to be executed for murder, Yelena is offered an extraordinary reprieve. She'll eat the best meals, have rooms in the palace—and risk assassination by anyone trying to kill the Commander of Ixia.

And so Yelena chooses to become a food taster. But the chief of security, leaving nothing to chance, deliberately feeds her Butterfly's Dust—and only by appearing for her daily antidote will she delay an agonizing death from the poison.

As Yelena tries to escape her new dilemma, disasters keep mounting. Rebels plot to seize Ixia and Yelena develops magical powers she can't control. Her life is threatened again and choices must be made. But this time the outcomes aren't so clear...

Katkendid:

“Everyone makes choices in life. Some bad, some good. It's called living, and if you want to bow out, then go right ahead. But don't do it halfway. Don't linger in whiner's limbo.”

“Anything else you want to tell me?” I asked Valek as we stopped a few feet short of the castle’s south entrance. “Did Ari and Janco set me up for Nix’s attack? Do you have another test of loyalty for me up your sleeve? Maybe the next time, I’ll actually fail. A prospect that seems appealing!” I pushed away Valek’s supporting arm. “When you warned me that you would test me from time to time, I thought you meant spiking my food. But it seems there is more than one way to poison a person’s heart, and it doesn’t even require a meal.”

Arvamus: Palun ole intrigeeriv. Palun ole intrigeeriv. Very Happy
Hea fantasy on suurepärane asi. Õpetab sõprusest, aususest ja lojaalsusest, peategelane on tugev - character growth. Very Happy

Hinne:
10/10
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 3 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 3 Icon_minitime24/11/2012, 15:47

<<2012>> - Page 3 11115457

Nimi:
Time Between Us

Autor: Tamara Ireland Stone

Kuupäev: 18.11.2012

Lehekülgede arv: 384

Sisu:
Anna and Bennett were never supposed to meet: she lives in 1995 Chicago and he lives in 2012 San Francisco. But Bennett has the unique ability to travel through time and space, which brings him into Anna’s life, and with him a new world of adventure and possibility.

As their relationship deepens, the two face the reality that time may knock Bennett back to where he belongs, even as a devastating crisis throws everything they believe into question. Against a ticking clock, Anna and Bennett are forced to ask themselves how far they can push the bounds of fate, what consequences they can bear in order to stay together, and whether their love can stand the test of time.

Arvamus: Niisiis... kena, armas lugu taaskord. Aga tõsiselt hakkab ära tüütama see, et armastus mehe/neise vastu kõigest muust tähtsamaks seatakse. Kas see lugu poleks ilus, kui (spoilerid) Anna oleks edasi elanud, kõike ilusa mälestusena hoidnud, aga endale kellegi teisega ilusa elu loonud? Südamed murduvad ju kogu aeg. Aga nad ei jää niimoodi igavesti. Kindlasti mitte pärast 1-2 kuud üksteise tundmist.
Kahju oli, et me Brooke'i ei kohanud. Ma kujutan ette, et tema kohalolek oleks palju andnud-
Nii et kokkuvõtteks: mitte halb raamat, aga... mul on nähtavasti aeg aedasi liikuda.

Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 3 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 3 Icon_minitime24/11/2012, 15:51

<<2012>> - Page 3 The_reader

Nimi:
The Reader

Autor:
Bernhard Schlink

Kuupäev:

Lehekülgede arv:

Sisu: A powerful and intense tale of secrets and a hidden past, The Reader is a thrilling book. As a 15-year-old boy in postwar Germany, Michael Berg had a passionate affair with a mysterious, guarded woman twice his age that ended suddenly when she disappeared. Years later, Michael sees her again -- when she is on trial for a terrible crime.

Arvamus: See raamat oli lihtne ja elegantne. See raamat oli ilus. Nüüd võib keegi vaadata raamatu sisu ja minu kirjutatut ja natukene segaduses olla. Aga esiteks oli raamat ilusti kirjutatud (tänud ka tõlkijale). Tavaliselt mulle vähene kahekõne ei meeldi, kuid siin oli see kuidagi... lüüriline. (Võib-olla saab ka minu mõnevõrra lõõgastunud olekus selle lugemist süüdistada.)
Puudutatud on nii paljusid teemasid: moraalseid teemasid, delikaatseid teemasid... ja arvatavasti jääb kummitama küsimus: "What would you have done?"
See ei ole raamat ilusatest asjadest, aga ta räägib mitteilusatest asjadest ilusti. See raamat on ilus.

Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 3 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 3 Icon_minitime24/11/2012, 15:53

<<2012>> - Page 3 Doctor-Who-Touched-by-an-Angel-Doctor-Who-Morris-Jonathan-9781849902342

Nimi:
Doctor Who: Touched By An Angel

Autor:
Jonathan Morris

Kuupäev:

Lehekülgede arv:

Sisu: 'The past is like a foreign country. Nice to visit, but you really wouldn’t want to live there.'

In 2003, Rebecca Whitaker died in a road accident. Her husband Mark is still grieving. Then he receives a battered envelope, posted eight years ago, containing a set of instructions and a letter with a simple message: "You can save her."

Later that night, while picking up a takeaway, Mark glances at a security monitor - to see himself, standing in the restaurant in grainy black and white. And behind him there's a stone statue of an angel. Covering its eyes, as though weeping... except, when Mark turns, there's nothing there. As Mark is given the chance to save Rebecca, it's up to the Doctor, Amy, and Rory to save the world. Because this time the Weeping Angels are using history itself as a weapon...

Arvamus: See oli ootamatult hea, huvitav ja südamlik. Väga meeldis! :)

Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 3 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 3 Icon_minitime24/11/2012, 15:55

<<2012>> - Page 3 The-boy-with-the-cuckoo-clock-heart

Nimi:
The Boy With the Cuckoo-Clock Heart

Autor: Mathias Malzieu

Kuupäev:

Lehekülgede arv:

Sisu:
Edinburgh, 1874: Little Jack is born with a frozen heart and immediately undergoes a life-saving operation — the implantation of a cuckoo-clock in his chest. From then on his days all begin with a wind-up, in this dark, tender fairy tale spiced with devilish humour.

Arvamus:
Sellist sorti veider mulle ei meeldinud.

Hinne:
4/10
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 3 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 3 Icon_minitime24/11/2012, 15:59

<<2012>> - Page 3 Inheritance-cover-by-paolini-small

Nimi:
Inheritance

Autor:
Christopher Paolini

Kuupöev: 24.11.2012

Lehekülgede arv: 860

Sisu: Not so very long ago, Eragon—Shadeslayer, Dragon Rider—was nothing more than a poor farm boy, and his dragon, Saphira, only a blue stone in the forest. Now the fate of an entire civilization rests on their shoulders.

Long months of training and battle have brought victories and hope, but they have also brought heartbreaking loss. And still, the real battle lies ahead: they must confront Galbatorix. When they do, they will have to be strong enough to defeat him. And if they cannot, no one can. There will be no second chances.

The Rider and his dragon have come further than anyone dared to hope. But can they topple the evil king and restore justice to Alagaësia? And if so, at what cost?

This is the much-anticipated, astonishing conclusion to the worldwide bestselling Inheritance cycle.

Katkend:

Who does everything have to be so hard? Eragon wondered.
Because, said Saphira, everyone wants to eat, but no one wants to be eaten.

Arvamus: Niisiis. Läbi.
Ja kuigi selle raamatu alguses mulle see sari endiselt väga ei meeldinud ja lugesin, et teada saada, mis juhtub, siis... nüüd oli päris kurb olla, et läbi sai. Very Happy Ja see oli päris võimas lõpp ka. Ainsad igavad kohad olid võitlused.
Mm. Ja meeldis see väike iva, et siin ei peetud indiviidide saatust kogukonna omast tähtsamaks. Hea!

Hinne: 9,5/10
Tagasi üles Go down
nasicc
Pehme admin
nasicc

<<2012>> - Page 3 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 3 Icon_minitime24/11/2012, 16:02

<<2012>> - Page 3 9266776

Nimi:
Epic Fail

Autor: Claire LaZebnik

Kuupäev:

Lehekülgede arv:

Sisu: At Coral Tree Prep in Los Angeles, who your parents are can make or break you. Cast in point:

- As the son of Hollywood royalty, Derek Edwards is pretty much prince of the school--not that he deigns to acknowledge many of his loyal subjects.
- As the daughter of the new principal, Elise Benton isn't exactly on everyone's must-sit-next-to-at-lunch list.

When Elise's beautiful sister catches the eye of the prince's best friend, Elise gets to spend a lot of time with Derek, making her the envy of every girl on campus. Except she refuses to fall for any of his rare smiles and instead warms up to his enemy, the surprisingly charming social outcast Webster Grant. But in this hilarious tale of fitting in and flirting, not all snubs are undeserved, not all celebrity brats are bratty, and pride and prejudice can get in the way of true love for only so long.

Arvamus:
Ma unustasin selle enda lugemispäevikusse lisada! Juudas... aga noh, jah... ma eriti sisu ei mäleta ja emotsiooni ei mäleta ja... võib vist öelda, et see oli tõesti üks igava õhtu mindless meelelahutus. Very Happy

Tagasi üles Go down
Sponsored content

<<2012>> - Page 3 Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: <<2012>>   <<2012>> - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Tagasi üles Go down

<<2012>>
Tagasi üles 
Lehekülg 3, lehekülgi kokku 4Mine lehele : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next