Maiu Laaneoja
Tilu-lilu-ilu kõlarid
Maiu Laaneoja

Female Postituste arv : 6120

Diary....... Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Diary.......   Diary....... Icon_minitime24/2/2009, 23:09

Diary of a journey (to London)

Day 1, April 24th.

So I have decided to keep a diary on my trip to London. I’m in the airplane, flying to the place of my dream. I must admit, that the further I go, the wetter it gets. But I’m still too exited to see the bad side of it. The landscape is beautiful. Waiting to arrive!

Okay, I’m in the hotel now. Since I’ve got that far, I can afford to waste much money. I’m staying in the Strand Palace Hotel, 372 Strand. God, that’s awesome! Everything’s so neat and clean! I’d love to live here! But now - about the place itself. I L-O-V-E I-T! Thou it is raining, I can’t get the smile of my face. And off I go to sightseeing!

It is 8.15p.m and I’m back at the hotel now. I saw the town a bit. I went to see the Fleet Street. I could have died from the happiness. The buildings, the street, the names, I still can’t believe I’m really here! I love the gothic architecture. The Tower of London is much bigger than I imagined. Then to Full-screenBritain At War Museum Charitable Trust. After that walked back, crossed the London Bridge. It was a proud feeling. Then I used the Upper Thames Street and Victorian Embankment. River Thames is really long. I like it. So I’ll just sit here by the window and watch the town until I fall to sleep. Can’t wait for tomorrow!

Day 2, April 25th.

It’s 6.28 in the morning. I couldn’t sleep for long, knowing I’d waste the day to that. I’m going down to eat some breakfast and then to the town, again.

Back in the room, I’ve eaten my eggs and bacon with nice cup of black tea with milk. I’ve always liked that. Now I’ve taken my purse and put on some fancy clothes. Ready to take off.

I’m on my lunch break. I’ve seen the Westminster Hall, Big Ben and Houses of Parliament. I’m sitting on a Hyde Park bench, eating some French potatoes I bought from a fast food place. I still hate fast food but it’s dry at the moment and I’m enjoying the heat (about 11degrees). I must admit that Britons do make better tea than we at home. I like that people don’t stare when I put milk in it. Back to food now.

It’s soon to night and I’m off to pub (haven’t seen England ‘till you’ve had a mug of beer, as they claim to say). I’ve put on some nice clothes, maybe can make some friends I can keep in contact with, so I’ll have someone to come to, when returning.

So, it is about 4 in the night. I’m at the hotel again. I met a really nice guy in the Vibe Bar, named Mike (no surprise). Shared phone-numbers and arranged a meeting tomorrow too. So I’ve been to the Trafalgar Square, St James Park, seen Buckingham Palace and all the things that stay on Birdcage Walk and Constitution Hill Street. To the pub I went by taxi, as well as came back, but still saw the things that stood on the way.

Sweet Dreams! (I surely will, more than tired [no, I did not drink much!])

Day 3, April 26th.

I do not have a headache, thou you might think otherwise. It’s about 7 o’clock and I’m going to eat some breakfast and then off to the town. Museums!

I’m having a lunch break again. In a café. I’ve visited Churchill Museum & Cabinet War Rooms, Westminster Abbey Chapter House Museum, The Museum Of Garden History, Newington, Science Museum London and The Guard’s Museum. I’m in Inn The Park’s Restaurant. My legs hurt. It takes pretty much energy to walk that long roads. Thank god I know the bus traffic a bit, otherwise I’d be still walking on the St George’s Road. I’ve taken pretty much photos. And after I’ve finished the roasted beef, I’m off to shopping!

It’s 9.26 p.m. and I’m so tired! But I’ve got to go to meet Mike.

The clock shows 1.38 a.m. and I’ve just retuned home, meaning the hotel, of course. We walked the Lower Thames and Tower Bridge and streets standing in the way. London is very beautiful at night, thou the rain disturbs a bit. The bridges look pretty, streets also. We went dining too. If I’m not wrong, the name was Azzurro. Italian food, I liked it. He drove me back. I’m too tired to be awake any longer.

Day 4, April 27th.

My phone woke me at 7.05 and I’ve already eaten my traditional breakfast. I’m going to send some postcards today, know all homeys are waiting, thou I’ll reach there before the cards, I’m sure.

It’s 5.27 p.m. as my clock claims. I’ve been doing some shopping today too. I visited the bookstore on the Victorian Street. For my luck, they had all the Darren Shan books. I just love the place! I’ve been doing some research in my laptop. I found his address and am planning to go and find the place. Maybe I’ll be lucky and have a chance to ask his autograph. I’d be in seventh heaven! I had my lunch in Café Logic. I chose it by name and did not disappoint. There are so many shops on Regent Street. I entered some and bought some stuff. Even a T-shirt with England flag on it. So tourist-like! But, I also found a gothic shop named Elizium. There were so awesome corsets, I just couldn’t stop! Good thing I earned enough money before coming here. And now I’m off to theatre, to see The Phantom of the Opera (because no-one plays Sweeney Todd anymore!).

The show was so great! Really recommend!

Day 5, April 28th.

I really, really like the beds here. I’ve been getting so good sleep here, I don’t need any more than only few hours (I read the Demonata’s seventh book whole night, now that I have it). I had no luck yesterday with getting Darren’s autograph in the book. But I have the books, still. No-one can take those away. So anyways, Mike is going to show me the not-so-famous places today. He called me already from the receptionist table. Got to go!

I would have never thought London could be so different from what I’ve seen until now. We went a bit out of central town and that just showed it. But I still like the architecture. It rocks! After that he got tickets to Basement Jaxx concert. I must admit, I liked it, thou I would have preferred some true old school rock band. The timing was bad. But I still like everything that is committed to London, London’s history or England itself, just like that. But I’m off to bed, ‘cause I’m planning to enjoy my last day in the place of my dreams.

Day 6, April 29th.

I got up really early, 6.02 a.m. I put on a really fancy black with red roses pattern on corset and black jeans. The long-cursed boots really fit with the outfit, as well as my blood-red leather jacket. I got a quite cute umbrella - black and red blood-drops dripping from the top. And so-so many other fabulous things I shall not name in the matter of wasting my time (listening to Iron Maiden’s “Wasted Years”).

I’m in the airplane now. My 6-days dream-vacation is over. Today I went to see the old town once more and took more photos. Met Mike and said good-bye. I promised to be back soon and as God being my witness, I shall. After I’ve finished university, I’ll buy myself a house or an apartment in London. That is my purpose for now. God, how I liked the hotel. It was really worth spending that much money on it. But now I’m continuing reading the Saga of Darren Shan, again, the third time now. I just like his books. They’re interesting and not the usual love-story. Anyway, that’s not my point. The point is, London rocks and I really liked it there. Next time I’ll stay a bit longer than just 6 days.

Have a nice day!
Tagasi üles Go down
http://myspace.com/spidress

Diary.......
Tagasi üles 
Lehekülg 1, lehekülgi kokku 1

Permissions in this forum:Sa ei saa vastata siinsetele teemadele
MEIE JUTUD :: Isikulised jutud :: Ebaaktiivsed kaustad :: Maiu Laaneoja looming-
Hüppa: