Maiu Laaneoja
Tilu-lilu-ilu kõlarid
Maiu Laaneoja

Female Postituste arv : 6120

*nameless* Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: *nameless*   *nameless* Icon_minitime5/9/2011, 05:13

Can you BELIEVE? Ma kirjutan jälle Very Happy

Seni veel nimeta, aga algus seegi.

‘What is there to be scared of?’ John asked himself and laughed over it when the lights suddenly went off while he was sitting alone in his now dark study room. He wasn’t the kind who would make a big deal out of something as ordinary as burning the light bulb out. He rose and walked to the cupboard to replace the broken one, meanwhile spreading his arms in every direction to avoid hitting something. Having found what he was looking for, he managed to make the exchange. Nevertheless, the room stayed dark. To get an idea of how big the damage really was, he tried other switches in the corridor and rooms nearby but none were functioning. Feeling the walls around him, he made his way to distribution board, made sure there was no electrical activity for a couple of seconds and turned everything back on. He half expected something to light anywhere in his home, but it stayed as dark an abandoned house. John wondered whether it might be a blackout and searched for his cell phone from his pockets. He had already dialled the right number when he finally realised there was no signal. Using his mobile as the only source of light he could get, he decided to call it a night and hope things would be better when he woke up.
When ten seconds had passed from him settling in his bed, something crashed on the kitchen’s floor downstairs. He knew he was the only person in this house, which made him somewhat nervous. Reflexively he stood up without knowing what to do.
‘Can’t call the police, can’t turn on the lights...’ he murmured to himself while trying to think where he had put his cricket bat – first thing he could think of that he could use as a weapon that didn’t situate in the kitchen. After hitting his head a couple of times and tearing some clothes off from their hangers, he found the desired set. With a bat in his hands, he kept his breath and stood as quiet as possible to hear any other signs of invasion. There weren’t any. Before heading downstairs he grabbed his phone to his other hand as he slowly and carefully made his way to the source of previous disturbance. Step by step he went down the stairs when a little crackling noise sounded. He heard his heart starting beating faster, likewise his breathing. Keeping his eyes focused, bat tightly in his one hand and the other clicking any button on his phone to keep light active, he made last steps towards the kitchen. Thinking how to enter, he jumped at the doorway, pointed his phone in front of him and swung his weapon to where he guessed the cause of the sound would be, in the middle of the floor. As he finally saw something, he knew that he had missed it. Just a bit further from where he had hit, lay a broken jar with its content and some being kneeling beside it. It hissed at John and crawled away quicker than his eye could tell. John stood at the doorway, unable to analyse what he had just seen.
‘What the...’ he finally said after quite a few seconds of utter quietness. He unlocked his mobile to get some light back to the room and went to see what had been broken. It appeared to be red liquid even though he couldn’t recall owning such thing, even less having it somewhere on the counter where it could have been so easily accessed. He kneeled down and touched it. It was a bit thicker than water and warm. Slowly, without knowing what else to do, he tasted it.
‘Blood?!’ he shrieked and backed towards the doorway. There was terror in his eyes and his calmness had disappeared like it was never there. He started running back upstairs to the bedroom and would have made it unless he hadn’t seen a little girl standing on top of the stairs in the flickering of his mobile-light. His eyes went wide open and he lost his balance, falling down. The second he had recovered and looked up, there was nobody to be seen. Holding on to the back of his head, which he hurt with the fall, he slowly climbed the stairs again, lightening the ground for his every step nervously.
‘Is anybody there?’ he asked loudly but there was no response. He decided to check other rooms before going back to bed, just to be sure he was left alone. As he was turning towards the guest room, he heard something in the opposite direction.
‘John...’ called a woman’s voice in his bedroom. Without the previous complications he would have gone unquestionably. Nevertheless, there had been complications.
‘Who are you?’ he answered, bringing up the cricket bat for protection.
‘But down the racket and I’ll tell you,’ she said with the same calm soothing voice.
‘Or how about I call the police ‘cause I have an invader in my home?’ he tried to sound secure and confident. He thought it had worked.
‘Oh, John...’ called the voice again so invitingly as if it hadn’t heard his previous threat. He decided to follow the sound but with other intentions – to murder if he had to. He tiptoed on one side of the corridor since he knew the middle would creek with weight. He was inbetween whether to kill the phone or still try to see something more lightly. He decided to trust his ears instead of eyes for a change. He grasped the bat with two hands and held his breath as he reached his bedroom door. It was closed even though he could clearly remember leaving it open when he went downstairs.
‘I’m waiting,’ the woman’s voice said again and giggled, making him swearing in his mind – she knew he was coming despite his sneaking. He put his hand on the door handle and pushed it open, remaining outside hiding next to the doorway. Unconsciously he had started panting and tried to calm down before entering. As he stood there preparing himself, a young woman exited his room, paused for a second at the doorway and continued walking slowly past him without looking at him or anywhere in particular. She was as light as a feather so John didn’t hear where she went, if she had been real not just his imagination.
‘Wait!’ he shouted as the lady had disappeared. As nothing sounded, he guessed she had gone and dared not to go after her again. Instead, with mind a bit more at ease he felt his way back to bed without seeing and hearing any more ghosts or weird beings on the way. As he lied down, cricket bat safely resting next to him, he finally understood what had happened so he screamed with fear. He crawled to one corner of his bed, holding blanket convulsively around his legs. With shaking hands he searched for his mobile phone from his pockets. After having dropped it a few times as if it was wet soap, he managed to click the right button to make the screen go light. As soon as he did that and aimed it away from him, the same creature which he had caught sight of in the kitchen was now on the bed sneaking up on him. As the light reached it, it made its move and jumped towards John.
Tagasi üles Go down
http://myspace.com/spidress
Audrey
Queen B ehk ADMIN
Audrey

Female Postituste arv : 9504

*nameless* Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: *nameless*   *nameless* Icon_minitime5/9/2011, 11:10

Woah, niipalju kui ma seda fb kõrvalt süvenedes lugeda sain...
Mõnus ja huvitav.
Mis eriti veider, on see, et kui ma midagi sinu kirjutatud inglise keeles loen, tundub, et ma saaks ka sellega hakkama, et väljenditest ei tuleks puudust jne. Aga kui proovin on paras jama...

See oli ülihea.
Tagasi üles Go down
Maiu Laaneoja
Tilu-lilu-ilu kõlarid
Maiu Laaneoja

*nameless* Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: *nameless*   *nameless* Icon_minitime5/9/2011, 12:23

aww Very Happy
nagu ka eesti keeles, on inglise keeleski lahti nii eesti-inglise sõnastikud (2) ja sünonüümid (vähemalt kirjutatavas keeles), nii saab isegi hakkama. kolme rea reegel on ainult tšutt raskem mu meelest, eriti spetsiifiliste sõnadega nagu teises 'osas' tuleb.
aga aitäh!
Tagasi üles Go down
Murtagh
Kärbes ämblikuvõrgus
Murtagh

Female Postituste arv : 2326

*nameless* Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: *nameless*   *nameless* Icon_minitime5/9/2011, 16:43

Mulle meeldib see lugu. Ohjaa. Very Happy Really-really like it. Very Happy

Uut! Very Happy
Tagasi üles Go down
Maiu Laaneoja
Tilu-lilu-ilu kõlarid
Maiu Laaneoja

*nameless* Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: *nameless*   *nameless* Icon_minitime5/9/2011, 19:21

Awesooooooome!
'ere comes the sequel:

When John opened his eyes, it was a bright day, sun shone right into his bedroom. Remembering what had last happened, what he remembered, he screeched with fear and grabbed his blanket, which he was lying on. He checked the environment – he was still wearing his outdoor clothes, sconce above the bed was working, door was closed, mobile was on the nightstand with maximum signal. There was no sign of the cricket bat. He knew there had to be at least one evidence of what had happened, if it had happened at all. He ran downstairs into the kitchen which was in perfectly well order. He looked at the floor as though it was the gateway to hell and nobody but him could see it.
‘John, is that you? Are you finally awake?’ he heard someone calling him from upper floor, followed by loud steps on the stairs.
‘Claire! You scared me to death!’ he said greeting his sister who had now reached kitchen as well.
‘Me? You should have seen what the place looked like when I arrived here. You sure know how to clean after yourself, don’t you?’ she said with a little smile on her face to show she didn’t mean to scold him. Only then she noticed his expression, which had gone even more terrified as he understood that his adventure had not been a dream. ‘You look like you’ve seen a ghost.’
‘Can... Can you, erm, explain me what the place looked like when you arrived? When did you arrive anyway?’ He was fighting with terror and tried to keep his head at its place.
‘Well,’ she started, looking at the ceiling while thinking, ‘there was a broken jar of raspberry jam right here, some spilled around as well.’
‘Jam...’ he murmured to himself as if not understanding what the word means.
‘...muddy footsteps all over the place, starting with the kitchen and all the way up the stairs really,’ she continued without listening to him. ‘Guest room’s door was wide open and a few clothes had been torn off from the hangers; quite similar to your room actually.’ He stood there looking at her as if he’d been mesmerised. ‘Oh, and I arrived...’ she took a look at her watch, ‘about two and a half hours ago. By the way, what were you doing with that cricket bat in your bed?’
‘Erm,’ he started, not knowing what to think of anything that had recently happened and whether to share his problem with Claire or not. ‘I was practicing,’ he said after a few seconds of thinking.
‘And passed away while doing so?’ she didn’t quite buy his lie.
‘It appears as if I did,’ he had to agree, still very uncertain in everything.
‘Well, anyway,’ she continued without further pause, ‘know that next time you’ve got to clean up the mess yourself. I only did it because Mark came over in the morning to pick up his CDs.’ He nodded as if he had understood and listened to what she was saying. She went back upstairs and he backed up against the wall onto which he leaned.
‘Ouch!’ he exclaimed while rubbing the back of his head after it had made contact with the wall. ‘So it did happen,’ he became to a conclusion. Looking back at the centre of the floor he saw a flashback of whatever had been there the previous night. Quickly he blinked the vision away and climbed up the stairs again to get to his room. There he sat down on his bed and stared at the wall for a bit.
‘What the hell had it been?’ he asked himself loudly as if the words would get lost in his head otherwise. ‘Now, to make the final clearance that it happened, I’d better...’ he said and grabbed his cell phone which he used for calling to the electricity company.
‘Ringing, ringing, ringing,’ he murmured when waiting for somebody to pick up.
‘All our lines are currently busy. Please wait until some of our assistants can help you. Please remember that your call is very important to us and we try to get to you as quickly as possible,’ told a woman’s voice in the speaker followed by the ringing sound again. After three of such circles, the call was picked up.
‘Hello and thank you for waiting. How may I help you?’ answered a man with a polite voice.
‘Hello, I’m calling to check if there was some blackout yesterday evening?’ he kept it short.
‘In some areas, such as East and South-East, yes, but that was only for a few hours tops. It was due to an accident in the woods. Are you okay or do you wish to make a complaint?’ the words came out from his mouth fluently.
‘No, it’s okay, I just needed to know. Thank you, have a nice day.’
‘To you too, sir.’ He ended the call and sat on the edge of his bed quietly, thinking for a bit.
‘I swear the jam had tasted like blood. What on Earth was this creature in the kitchen? Who was that girl on the stairs? And that woman, what did she want from me? Who are they?!’ he started solving the puzzle while now walking from one side of the room to the other. ‘Everything I saw and experienced yesterday had been real. But how is that possible?’ Suddenly he had an idea. He made his way to Claire’s room where he found her on her bed, reading.
‘Claire, the footmarks in the kitchen, what did they look like?’ he asked his sister.
‘What do you mean? Look at your soles. Unless you had someone over, I don’t see who else could have left them,’ she said, a bit surprised by the question.
‘Oh, okay,’ he answered, somewhat disappointed but rather more puzzled. He knew he wasn’t the one who had messed up the kitchen; he hadn’t even been there that evening. ‘Sorry for bothering,’ he said when leaving her room and closing the door. Back in his room again, he tried to think of some clue, a hint towards the explanation, considering who he had seen.
‘A girl, a little girl... Do I know some baby who had died? Is she here to haunt me? What could I have done to her? And the lady, darn. If I had gone straight to my room, I would have found out about it. But I didn’t. Then again, I might be dead as well if I did. Did she look familiar to me? I can’t say I had such a great look at her to tell. Are they connected? And who was that creature?!’ he finished asking questions and sighed. Knowing that it’s a dead end, he decided to go for a walk.
‘Claire?’ he shouted.
‘Yea?’ she answered from her room.
‘I’m going to the beach, be back in a few hours I think,’ he made his plans clear, took his jacket and went out.
Tagasi üles Go down
Karolin
Põ(h)jatark
Karolin

Female Postituste arv : 974

*nameless* Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: *nameless*   *nameless* Icon_minitime7/10/2011, 20:00

Hmm, põnev! ja hirmus
nii hea pannes mind unustama, et jutt inglis keeles on. Mulle meeldis see, te ta ei hakanud mõtlema, et kasma olen hulluks läinud? äkki see oli unenägu? kes mu majja sisse murdis? vaid hakkas kohe selle üle aru pidama, te miks kummitused teda taga ajavad.
ma näen, et sa oled selle üsna tükk aega tagasi üles pannud aga ma siiski loodan, et sa paned uue osa ülesse Very Happy
Tagasi üles Go down
Sponsored content

*nameless* Empty
PostitaminePealkiri: Re: *nameless*   *nameless* Icon_minitime

Tagasi üles Go down

*nameless*
Tagasi üles 
Lehekülg 1, lehekülgi kokku 1